- 50g butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lightly crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 440g can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 85g packet lemon jelly crystals
- 1 cup chilled Carnation light & creamy evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ice-cream, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 24cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until pale and creamy. Stir in egg, cornflakes, coconut, flour, cocoa and a pinch of salt.
- Step 2 - Press mixture into pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden. Cool.
- Step 3 - Bring pineapple and juice to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add jelly crystals and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Cook, stirring, until dissolved. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until almost set.
- Step 4 - Beat milk and lemon juice until thickened. Fold into jelly mixture. Pour filling onto cooled base. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Serve with ice-cream.