Kiwi coconut cream pies
- 250g pkt Arnott's Butternut Snap Cookie
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Malibu
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 160ml (2/3 cup) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, thinly sliced
- Step 1 - Spray 8 round 6.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins, with removable bases, with oil. Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the coconut and butter. Process to combine.
- Step 2 - Divide the biscuit mixture among the tins and press evenly over the base and side of each tin. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, stir the Malibu, lime juice and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer, without stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until syrup thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 4 - Whisk the cream, coconut cream and remaining sugar in a bowl until firm peaks form. Remove pie cases from tins and fill with the cream mixture. Top each pie with 3 kiwifruit slices. Drizzle over the syrup.