- 1/2 bunch roughly chopped English spinach
- 2-3 marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped continental parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Crispbread or crackers to serve
Blanch spinach leaves in saucepan of boiling water 1-2 minutes until wilted. Drain and cool then squeeze out the excess water. Set aside.
In a processor add artichokes, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and pecorino until finely chopped. Add in spinach and ricotta then pulsate to combine. Gradually add oil to create a smooth puree. Season to taste. Transfer the mix to a bowl, drizzle with extra virgin oil and serve with crispbread and antipasto.