- 150g rice vermicilli
- 1 packet of round rice paper wraps
- 750g medium cooked prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of garlic chives (cut in half)
- 1 large carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 60g packet of bean sprouts (ends trimmed off)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
Soak vermicelli in boiling water. Set aside 15 minutes.
Drain and cut into short lengths with scissors
Whisk together in a small bowl all sauce ingredients
Dip each rice wrapper in lukewarm water for 30 seconds (soft and pliable)
Place between sheets of paper towel to dry
Cut prawns in halves lengthways then place a rice paper wrap on clean surface
Place 1 garlic chive, 2-3 carrot sticks, cucumber, mint leaves and bean sprouts down the centre, allowing the ingredients to extend past the wrapper.
Top each with a heaped tablespoon of vermicelli and 2 prawn halves
Fold lower edge of the wrapper upwards over the ingredients before rolling the wrap into a tight cigar shaped roll. Place on a tray and cover with damp paper towel. Repeat.
Serve with dipping sauce