Potato bakes are one of those dishes you can prepare quite easily. You can even make it the night before and place in fridge till ready to cook in oven. Just do all the steps as in the description and place in fridge before oven baking.
This is easy potato bake is a great quick family meal. Once you make one you can vary it with different vegetables and condiments. Here with this easy potato bake with have cooked it with cream, onion and asparagus. You can even add chopped meats such as chicken and pork. With a busy schedule this easy potato bake will be a family favourite. from theitaliancookingclass.com. See our recipe below.
- 4 x medium potatoes
- 1 x large onion sliced
- 1 x bunch asparagus chopped
- 4 x medium/large mushrooms sliced
- 300ml x fresh cream
- salt to taste
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 180degrees
- Step 2 – peel and slice potatoes (not too thin) and cooked in boiling salted water for approx
- Step 3 – 3 minutes and place into a baking dish
- Step 4 – sear the onion in a pan with olive oil on high heat till golden brown
- Step 5 – add chopped asparagus and cook for approx two minutes
- Step 6 – next add cream and bring to boil (it will boil quickly)
- Step 7 – once boiling add mushrooms and cook for two minutes
- Step 8 – add salt to taste
- Step 9 – remove pan from stove top and pour cream and asparagus mixture on top of potato in baking dish
- Step 10 – place in oven and let cook for 30 minutes
- Step 11 – remove let sit for 5 minutes and serve
- Step 12 – ideal with green salad or meat
OPTIONAL: place some grated cheese of your choice on top of the cream mixture prior to cooking.
#fredsonesthopshopping #freds #groceryshop #baking #BAKEPOTATO #POTATO #BAKE